Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Wonder of the Imagination

It's our 3rd mission of the day. Buzz Lightyear and I (Jessie) have already put Mr. Potato Head in Jail. We thought Minnie Mouse was our partner to defend the good on Russell Island, but she turned out to be a traitor. She helped Mr. Potato Head escape from Jail and now they are hiding somewhere in Blanket Town. We searched high and low with the flashlight until we captured them once and for all! Now, we take them back to jail setting up extra army men around the perimeter and General Frog is keeping watch from Dresser Tower. Buzz makes Mr. Potato Head smell his dirty socks as a form of torture since he escaped from Jail twice. Maybe he will learn his lesson this time.

These "missions" usually take a good part of our day. It's hard work, but someone has to defend Russell Island from the bad guys.

I am finding myself swept up in a world of imagination. It's been a long time since I have had this much fun playing. Granted, it is a little different now that I am 28 instead of 7, but I am thoroughly enjoying being a part of my son's imaginative world. I love that he comes up with this stuff on his own and he wants to include me in it. All I have to do is put on my cowgirl hat and I instantly change in to Jessie from Toy Story and we are on a new mission (most of them include putting Mr. Potato Head in Jail).

Even though there are dishes piled up, loads of laundry to do and always toys to pick up - I love using my "imagination" to pretend that they aren't there. There will always be things to do at home, but my son won't always want me entering in to his imaginative world with him. I better help get Mr. Potato Head in jail while we can...



Buzz Lightyear getting ready for a new mission


Had to include this picture. Isaiah got a balloon from my work the other day and he had to go to sleep with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you step into his imaginary world rather than just watching him from afar. He's lucky to have a mom like you!

P.S. I just noticed he has no curls left. Where have I been?