Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hope's Steps

For those of you that know me, you know how much I adore and cherish my Grandma. Her name is Hope, which is no coincidence... her name really embodies her character. She inspires me just by being who she is. She challenges me to have unconditional love for others and to deepen my relationship with the Lord. She is a prayer warrior! I really believe if it wasn't for her, Jeff (my brother) and I wouldn't have made it driving to and from Chicago so many times... her prayers got us through. I know she prays for all her loved ones more than we can even imagine. She is truly a Woman of God and an encouragement to Hope in the Lord. I could go on and on about how much I love her, but I want to share a little "gem" from her indirectly.

Last fall Grandma Hope moved from her house to assisted living. The family has been going through stuff and getting ready to clean out the house. The other weekend I came across a little pocket-sized Bible. I showed my Grandma the Bible and she got all tickled looking at it, saying "I forgot about this." She told me I could have it, so now I get to carry her little bible with me in my purse! It's just a New Testament, but I found her underlinings of some great scripture and the best part... some notes in the very back titled "5 Steps to follow when you feel no one cares." They were probably some sermon notes, but just knowing that it impacted my Grandma to write them down made it that much more important to me. It's also something I think everyone needs to hear. So, here you go :


5 Steps When you Feel No One Cares:

1. Remember God Cares - He will listen
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:11-12

2.
Don't Blame yourself or pretend everything is OK- Bring all your problems to God.

3. Admit the Situation is more than you can handle alone

4. Commit yourself to the Lord

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

Psalm 37:5-9

5. Approach God Expectantly- Expect God to act and He will


* The Happiest verse in the bible is:
"Cast all your cares (anxieties) on Him for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wise woman, your Grandma Hope!

Shellie Salza said...

So sweet and perfectly timed for me! Thanks for sharing!

Crown Travel and Events said...

Lisa Thank you so much for writing this about Grandma. She has inspired me over the years to trust in God. I know that if it were not for her and other prayer warriors in our family I would not be the person I am today. Love Jennifer