Friday, December 28, 2012

Today is the day

Yesterday, I had a pre-op appointment at the hospital.  After getting registered, they took me in to the lab to wait for a nurse to go over the details of the c-section I will have today.  I sat down and realized I am sitting in the same chair, in the same lab where I found out I miscarried Gloria.  And now, here I am as life has come around full circle- I was sitting in the exact chair exactly 2 1/2 years later with a very pregnant belly.

The pregnancy has gone by fast with fostering a newborn, work and a preschooler. It's been a whirlwind of life since the day I finally had the 2 lines on the pregnancy test so, to be honest, there hasn't been a lot of time to process the blessing that has been knit in my womb.

Then all of a sudden today came and I am overflowing with praise, joy and excitement.  The pregnancy went fast, but the longing for this baby boy was long.  3 years shouldn't seem that long, but when you hope every month for 36 months and are disappointed every month... it feels like a lifetime. 

God was very clear with us to name our new baby boy Samuel.  It was no surprise when we found out the meaning of his name.  "God has heard."  

20 So in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, “Because I asked the Lord for him.”   
Samuel 1:20

It's been hard to celebrate because I automatically think of others that are/have struggled with infertility or pregnancy loss.  Why am I the one that gets to be blessed?  I feel guilty rejoicing when others are mourning.  I don't know why I was blessed with this child when others are not, but I do know God hears our cries and desires of our hearts.  It's the trusting and waiting in Him that are hard.  

Today I am choosing to celebrate and rejoice that God decided to bless me in his perfect timing with this new life. However, as I celebrate I pray for those who have this same desire that they would know God has heard their cry too.  

27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.”             
Samuel 1: 27-28 


Happy Birthday Samuel! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WIshing you all the best! I'm so excited for you; you definitely deserve to celebrate this blessing! Wishing you a smooth delivery and recovery!